21 DEEP LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT IN MINISTRY
21 DEEP LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT IN MINISTRY
And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion. 7 I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom. 8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. 9 Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment. 10 Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion. (Job 32:6-10 KJV)
- You should never start a deliverance ministry in your apartment.
- I have learnt in ministry that the training of disciples is a topmost priority.
Jesus trained only 120 disciples and said He’s finished. But what Jesus has put in the disciples death cannot killed it, If you develop members alone, they will dismember you. Disciples are like pillar, they do not leave a building.
- You are basically a man of God and not a god of man.
You cannot solve every man’s problem!
- You eat to live or you eat to die.
Whether you will live long or short, it will depend on the thing you eat.
- Not every invitation to minister is from the Lord.
Most are opportunity to plant things into your life.
There are instances whereby there may be problem in the church you are invited to minister, and you get there ministering without any knowledge of issues on ground but it will be as if you are supporting a faction that can dent your reputation.
- You need a strong heart and an iron skull to become a good General Overseer.
The heart can break and issues can burst the head.
- It is a dangerous thing to speak against any God’s servant.
Aaron and Miriam were right for Moses took unbeliever as wife but they did not know the way God took him.
Kenneth Copeland spoke against Benny Hinn and afterwards he developed a heart problem that when he was praying God said to him the only person to pray for you to receiving healing is Benny Hinn. Kenneth Copeland does not have any choice but to call Benny Hinn, confess to him of speaking evil against him and ask for him to be prayed for and miraculous, he received his healing.
- To succeed in ministry, you must know a lot about your enemy.
A Friend of mine (an Archbishop), use to say to me I have nothing to do with the devil, well we both go our seperate ways. but One day in his office, a known lady called Chioma, walked into his office through the wall and as the Archbishop was trying to get to attack the lady, he fell down and became paralysed. From that time His slogan of not having anything to do with the devil changed.
- Close every door gently because you may need to come back through the same door again one day.
- Be an incurable giver and you will never lack.
Rule of life: Children of the generous never lack
- Most successful leaders are those who are REAL.
Be yourself, don’t fake anything.
- Truth without grace is dangerous John 1:17
- Leadership can be described as an act of overlooking faults. It is almost impossible to lead effectively without occasionally overlooking faults and mistakes.
- There are 2 ways to receive wisdom. 1) Reading 2) Prayer
- If you respect principles, you will build a great organisation.
- Openness to new ideas is a secret to moving ahead as a leader.
- Cooperation between Churches does not lead to growth in the Body of Christ.
Unity is not Union and Union is not unity.
- Spend any amount of money, resources and time to get useful books.
- Any time the truth is attacking you, it means you are facing the wrong direction.
- Do everything in your life to acquire excellence
Daniel 6:3 (KJV) Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.
Meaning of Excellence
- Very finest
- Life yielded to God
- Any life yielded to God is yielded to quality
Keypost to Excellence
- Excellence is a spirit, you either have it or not.
- Excellence and humility are twin brothers
- If you operate your life on an inferior standard, it is a personal decisions
- Keep sweating; keep fighting till your good is better and better best
- Excellence is not an art or skill but an attitude and habit.
About Dr. D. K. Olukoya
Dr D.K. Olukoya is the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries. He holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph.D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.
His life and Ministry, is devoted to the revival of Apostolic signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God to deliver to the uttermost.
He teaches that holiness within and without, is the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a condition for Heaven. He trains your hands to wage war and your fingers to fight against the forces of darkness.
He passionately desires to see God’s people set free from all bondages and fulfilling their God given destiny with the teachings of the Bible applied in all areas of their lives.
As a Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher, Role model and Preacher of the Word, Dr D.K Olukoya continues to spread the message of God’s power to restore, break yokes and for salvation to all nations, thereby bringing about a harvest of deliverance and spiritual breakthroughs by the power of the Holy Ghost.
As a researcher, with a profound prophetic insight into the realm of the spiritual, he has produced a wealth of publications including the best selling “Prayer Rain”.
Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya is happily married to his wife, Pastor Folashade Olukoya and blessed with a son, Elijah Toluwani.
for more imformation about Dr DK Olukoya please visit www.mountainoffire.org
April 20, 2019
April 01, 2019
January 20, 2019